How can I Calm my Anxiety
In this article, you will know about how can I calm my anxiety. You know what anxiety is if you have experienced emotional and/or physical distress signals. It may be a pounding heart, a state of inner turmoil, difficulty in breathing, feeling of extreme fear over anticipated issues or troubled sleep.
Anxiety is a natural emotion, a bit of which is good to prepare you for a fight or flight situation. But the problem occurs when it starts developing into a disorder and you are unable to cope up with your everyday worries for elongated periods of time. Excessive anxiety cropping from anticipated issues or things that are not real can be a reason to worry.
What are the Different Anxiety Disorders
An anxiety disorder may be divided into 4 basic categories:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder – When one worries unreasonably about almost everything and continues to do so for six months or above.
- Social Anxiety Disorder: When one feels extremely uncomfortable and embarrassed in a social gathering and fears being judged, criticized or seen in in the negative light.
- Panic Disorder: A sudden attack of absolute terror and dread which makes your heartbeat go wild and you start sweating and trembling.
- Phobia: An intense fear of a specific object, situation, animal, etc. For instance, you may dread a spider or be terrified by the thought of getting inside water.
Do you feel any of These
Anxiety can lead you to one or more of the following symptoms:
- Constant feeling of fear and panic towards an anticipated danger
- Restlessness & nervousness
- Rapid breathing
- Faster heartbeat
- Sweating & trembling
- Dry mouth
- Tensed muscles
- Lost strength
- Sleeping trouble
- Avoiding things that cause anxiety
What can Anxiety lead to
When you are anxious, your body produces increased volumes of cortisol, also known as stress hormones. The cortisol imbalance then leads to various diseases and health problems including heart problems, kidney issues, strokes, and sexual dysfunction. It can also have a dampening effect on your quality of life, interfere with your relationships and work life, as well as be extremely disabling. You may lose peace of mind, reject a good job offer, spoil an awesome relationship and start living in a diseased body. For this, Relationship counseling in Delhi are providing the best services
How can I Calm my Anxiety
A change in lifestyle can have a very fruitful effect on lowering your anxiety. Avoid caffeine, sleep and wake up on time, exercise daily and stay away from things and people that make you anxious. The next best thing that you can do is to keep aside a few minutes a day for yoga and meditation. This is said to have a very calming effect on your mood, balance your hormones (including cortisol) and reduce anxiety. Most importantly, try and overcome your fear by throwing challenges at yourself. Do this step-by-step. In a systemized manner. Set goals that look dreadful at the moment. Achieve them and then set the next (even more challenging) goal. Learn to deal with your anxiety and override it instead of avoiding it.